Wednesday, April 4, 2012

When does an inker use a trigger instead of a brush?


How to Become a Comic Strip, Comic Book and Graphic Novel Artist

A Pause for the Cause to Think About Ink


There are many decisions to made made concerning ink that I've discussed so far. I've grouped them here for easy reference.

A narrow nib must use a fluid, fast ink and gives the best performance.
Broad nibs must use slow inks with higher viscosity.

Fast ink will leave the nib before or at first contact with the paper. A slow ink will stick to the nib.

If your style does not rely on thin and thick strokes, then NEVER touch the nib to the paper. Let your nib hover closely above the paper and let the ink forming on the nib provide the contact.

A rough paper needs a fast, fluid ink. A smooth plate glossy paper requires a slow ink.

The higher the angle of your drawing table the more fluid the ink has to be to flow properly.
The lower the angle the slower the ink has to be in order not to flow too fast.

to be continued...

read next - Photocopy Your Bum

Keep reading and follow me. If you have found this helpful, please let me know and share with other creators. Feel free to ask me questions.

Remember… Just Create!

If you are interested in further expanding your knowledge, then I recommend these books.

When you purchase a book by clicking the link below, I get a piece of the action and helps me to continue doing this blog. Support an artist today.

BONUS LINKS TO ART STORES!


copyright 2012 H. Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment.

I always like to read your comments.